RECIPE BY MARLENE FROM @thedorkyfrench
This mushroom and lime risotto is velvety, flavorful and full of texture. The lime juice is a lovely touch that enhances the flavor and brightens the dish.
- Vegan Butter, 1 tbsp (or vegetable oil)
- White Onion, 1 medium (peeled and finely chopped)
- Garlic, 3 cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- Ginger, 1 slice (peeled and finely chopped)
- Arborio Rice, 250 g (rinsed and drained)
- Vegetable Broth, 600 ml
- Mushrooms, 8 (washed and sliced)
- Green Peas, 100 g
- Nutritional Yeast, 2 tbsp
- Lime, 1/2 (or lemon)
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper, 1/2 tsp
- Fresh Coriander, 1 handful (chopped)
- Heat up a pan with vegan butter. Once the butter is melted, add onion, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Cook on high heat until onion is brown. Stir occasionally with wooden spoon.
- Add the arborio rice to the pan and toast it for 2 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable broth along with the onion and rice stir fry, mushrooms, green peas, lime juice, and nutritional yeast.
- Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, until risotto becomes creamy. Add water as you cook if necessary.
- Once cooked, add coriander, salt & black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Serve warm in your coconut bowls and enjoy!
On The Dorky French you will find a wide range of delicious and easy-to-follow vegan recipes. From sweet desserts to healthy and nutritious meals, you'll surely find a lot of eye-catching recipes!