This PB & J Oatcake is a healthy and nourishing breakfast that will keep you feeling satisfied all morning long! Loaded with whole grains, superfoods and topped off with a homemade chia jam and peanut butter swirl. Vegan, gluten free and tastes like you’re eating cake for breakfast!
- 10 mins COOK TIME
- 25 mins TOTAL TIME
- 35 mins SERVINGS
- 1 INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein
- (optional) Raspberry Chia Jam
- 1 c raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a ramekin or small baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into your ramekin and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- While oats are baking, prepare the chia jam. Add raspberries to a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally (about 3 minutes.) Once the berries are heated through and begin to soften, mash them with the back of a fork until desired consistency is reached. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the chia seeds and maple syrup. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow mixture to thicken.
- Once oats are done baking, add a splash of almond milk, top with peanut butter and chia jam and enjoy!
- Store any leftover jam in an airtight container in the fridge.
Arisha is a plant-based enthusiast and athlete from Vancouver, Canada with a passion for promoting a healthy yet balanced lifestyle.
Explore more @wakeupandkale / wakeupandkale.com