RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Here's a delicious Cavatelli Salad with a Lemony Herbed Dressing for a really refreshing bowl!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup dill, ¼ cup mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup, pinch of salt and pepper
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1 pound cavatelli
- 4 baby bell peppers or 1 large bell pepper
- 2 persian cucumbers chopped
- ¼ cup pitted green olives sliced in rings
- ¼ cup pitted calamata olives cut in rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Generous handful of chopped dill, parsley and arugula
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzos rinsed and drained.
- Cook the Cavatelli according to package, drain, rinse with cold water, drain again and toss with a tsp olive oil and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 425 and roast the bell peppers whole on a sheet pan for 15 minutes. Let cool then remove seeds and stems and chop rustically and add to pasta
- Make the dressing by combining parsley, mint, dill, garlic, lemon, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a blender and pureeing until smooth and creamy.
- Add the blended dressing mixture to the pasta and mix until well coated.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, garbanzos and fresh herbs to the bowl and toss well.
- Top with fresh ground black pepper
Sara is a Chef, a Mother of three, and a voracious eater of plants. She’s always been plant forward but since becoming vegan, helping others eat more plants has become her passion project. She share recipes to guide others on their journey to better health and happiness through food.