RECIPE BY MICHELLE CHEN FROM @run2food
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar (can sub with white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chilli oil, to serve
- Spring onion, to serve
- Use the flat side of your knife to smash the cucumber, then slice the cucumber into quarters, lengthwise and then into bite-sized pieces
- In a container, make the dressing by whisking together the remaining ingredients to create the dressing
- Add the cucumbers to the container. Put the lid on and shake it up. Store in the fridge for a couple hours but at least 30 minutes to let the dressing soak in.
- Serve with a drizzle of chilli oil and spring onion
- Storage tips: in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days
Michelle is a Dentist and vegan food blogger from Brisbane. She loves sharing simple & tasty vegan recipes via her Instagram platform @run2food. She has also created a website with an archive of all her recipes www.run2food.com. Michelle is on a mission to show that you can thrive off a plant-based diet.