RECIPE BY JULIA FROM @FLOURISHEDBYNATURE
This creamy hummus uses edamame as a base instead of chickpeas. Paired with homemade crispy potato chips it makes a delicious, simple yet satisfying meal packed with flavor and a good amount of protein!
- EDAMAME HUMMUS
- 1 cup edamame (shelled)
- 5-8 tbsp water
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 heaped tbsp shiro miso (white miso)
- 1 tsp vegan fish sauce (substitute with 1 tsp salt or less)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp fresh/frozen basil
- pinch of cumin
- large handful of spinach
- salt to taste
- TO SERVE
- sliced pickles or pickle relish
- chopped coriander
- pickled red onions
- nor flakes
- chili flakes
- homemade or store-bought chips
- In a medium bowl, place your edamame and fill with hot water. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes. Drain and place in a food processor along with the rest of
- In a food processor, place all your hummus ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve in a small bowl and serve with pickles, fresh herbs and spices.
Hey there! I’m Julia, a music student based in Austria with a passion for creating plant-based food that nourishes your body, tastes delicious and makes you feel happy too. If you’d like to join me on my health journey, you are welcome to visit my website and stop by at my Instagram account!