RECIPE BY GIZEM FROM @bonjourbonita
There's so much you can do with a dehydrator. If you have one, you better not pass this one up! Guaranteed fresh, delicious and crispy without frying and all the unhealthy ingredients.
- KALE CHIPS
- SPICY CASHEW SAUCE
- Cashews, 1 cup
- Sunflower Seeds, 1/2 cup
- Water, 1 cup
- Lemon Juice, 2 tbsp (from a fresh lemon)
- Chipotle Pepper, 1 (you can use your kind of favorite spice)
- Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Wash the kale and remove the stems. Then using a salad spinner or dry with kitchen paper. Make sure to dry the kale leaves thoroughly. Transfer the kale to a large bowl.
- For spicy cashew sauce. Put all the ingredients in the blender. stir until a creamy consistency is achieved. Make sure there's no grain in it.
- Add the spicy cashew sauce over the leaves. Preferably join with your hands. Make sure the cabbage leaves come all over the sauce.
- Place parchment papers over your dehydrator trays and place kale leaves on that.
- Dehydrate for one hour at 155F, and then bring down heat to 110F and continue to dehydrate for 10 to 12 hours. After 10 hours, have a taste. If it's crispy enough, it's done. If not, continue for another 2 hours.
- Chips stay fresh and crunchy if stored in an airtight glass container.
Gizem is a digital designer who loves to share the beauty of life and travel. She is passinate about making healthy and delicious food too. She loves plant-based nutrition and she had a lot of culinary training on this.