RECIPE BY KATIE JACQUES FROM @THEALLNATURALVEGAN
This salad is the perfect energy boosting salad to enjoy on a hot summer day. It is super simple to make and only takes a few ingredients, it is also vegan, gluten-free, high protein, and low calorie!
- 1 bunch kale (tough stems removed)
- 1 cup dried michelet beans (cooked, or use canned cannellini as a substitute)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse the kale leaves with water.
- Massage your kale for 2-3 minutes until it softens. This makes it easier to digest as well.
- Toss in the beans, sunflower seeds and diced avocado.
- Drizzle the juice of the lemons and olive oil, and toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Hi, I'm Katie from Charleston South Carolina. I am a recent college graduate with a passion for food! I went vegan in 2018, and have been hooked ever since. I love creating and photographing healthy recipes, going on long walks, and all things plants!