RECIPE BY ALEXANDRA PASKA OF @PLANTBASED.TRAVELER
A delicious plate of Loaded Buffalo Sweet Potatoes Fries perfect for sharing!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp paprika, onion and garlic powder each
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp melted vegan butter
- Coconut bacon chips
- Chopped pickles or relish, parsley, chives, peppers
- Preheat oven to 450 F/225 C.
- Cut sweet potatoes into large sticks (as evenly as possible), rub them with avocado oil, then sprinkle them with cornstarch and seasoning. I use a small sieve for the cornstarch to ensure an even, thin layer.
- Bake them on a with parchment paper lined baking sheet for 30 minutes, and carefully flip them after 20 minutes.
- Make sure your pan isn’t too crowded, and the fries aren’t overlapping for the best result.
- Mix hot sauce and vegan butter, and drizzle sweet potatoes with the sauce.
- Take fries off the baking sheet (keep them on the parchment paper), and bake them on the oven rack for 10 more minutes.
- Top fries with all desired toppings, and enjoy!
Alex is a certified personal trainer and health coach from Germany, currently based in New Jersey, USA. A love for food and travel inspired her to share easy and delicious vegan recipes to
encourage people from around the world to eat more plant-based food.