RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Here’s a hearty and refreshing bowl of Rainbow Fruit and Veg Freekeh Salad!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- ½ cup freekeh
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pinches garlic powder
- 2 golden beets
- 4 roasted baby peppers
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- 2 cara cara oranges chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- 3 cups romaine
- 2 cups red cabbage
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Dressing: 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons orange or lemon infused vinegar, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1 pinch garlic powder, 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch italian seasoning mix well
- Cook freekeh according to package, set aside to cool
- Toss chickpeas with oil,smoked paprika, cayenne, salt and garlic powder and roast at 425 for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Roast baby peppers in the oven for 15 minutes, let cool and destem, then chop
- Boil golden beets for 10-15 minutes to soften. Set aside to cool, then peel and chop
- Make a bed of romaine and red cabbage and top with fruits, peppers and beets, freekeh, chickpeas and pumpkin seeds
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar, cover and shake.
- Drizzle or toss into salad
Sara is a Chef, a Mother of three, and a voracious eater of plants. She’s always been plant forward but since becoming vegan, helping others eat more plants has become her passion project. She share recipes to guide others on their journey to better health and happiness through food.