RECIPE BY JANET OF @JANETSMUNCHMEALS
Spiced Chickpea Bowl with Herb Tahini Dressing
Here's a light and yummy bowl filled with texture and flavors to fuel your day 🌱 It is so quick and easy, you'll have lunch or a light dinner in 15 minutes.
- 1 cup cooked / rinsed canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, cumin, ground coriander, paprika
- 2 portions salad greens
- 2 portions toasted pita or pita chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped or thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- Lemon wedges and extra herbs for serving
Herb Tahini Dressing (whisk together)
- 2 tbsp tahini (the runny type)
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp water to thin the dressing
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh parsley and dill
- 1/2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- Whisk together the dressing.
- In a pan on medium heat, heat the oil and add the chickpeas and seasonings. Cook for 4 to 5 min, stir occasionally, until chickpeas are getting a bit crisp.
- Meanwhile, assemble two bowls with the salad greens, pita, onion and cucumber. Top with the chickpeas and dressing. Add lemon wedges and more herbs as desired.