RECIPE BY @TERIANNCARTY
Refreshing tomato salad featuring the freshness and burst of flavour of fresh peaches. If you still can get your hands on fresh ones, do so! They are a great addition to sweet or savoury dishes.
- 4 large kale leaves, torn into pieces (spine removed)
- sourdough croutons
- 1 cob corn, boiled for 3 minutes, kernels removed
- 1/2 block tofu, roasted
- 1 large peach, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 12 cup avocado, diced
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- chili flakes
- 2 tbsp creamy basil dressing
- CREAMY BASIL DRESSING
- 1 cup loosely packed basil
- 14 cup coconut kefir
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 cup micro green
- pinch of salt
- cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Press tofu to release water and cut into cubes.
- Drizzle tofu with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut tomato end place in a strainer to drain off any excess water. Slice peach and put in strainer also. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, shuck corn and break in half. Cook corn with lid on for 3 minutes, drain and set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle cut kernels off the cob.
- Place kale into a serving bowl and drizzle with a tsp of oil sprinkle with sea salt. Massage kale until if starts to soften. In a separate bowl add croutons, tomato, peach, tofu and corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix gently. Pour mixture over the kale and add avocado on top.
- Spoon basil dressing on top of salad and sprinkle with chili flakes and Maldon salt. I let the salad sit for 1 hour before serving but eating immediately works also!
- Place everything into a small food processor and blend until creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Store in fridge for 1 week.
Teri-Ann | @terianncarty | www.terianncarty.com
Teri-Ann is a food photographer, recipe developer and yoga teacher from Toronto, Canada. Teri-Ann adopted a vegan lifestyle 9 years ago soon after she got sober and broke free from a debilitating alcohol and drug addiction. She wanted to cleanse her body from the inside out and choosing a plant-based diet was one of the ways she achieved that. Teri-Ann now spends most of her days developing recipes, styling dishes, and shooting photographs for numerous clients as she builds her personal brand.