RECIPE BY @veganbyeden
Enjoy your favourite afternoon tea with these garlicky and herby scones. They are tasty and filling. Best served warm or freshly baked.
- Green Onion, 1/4 cup (diced)
- Baby Spinach Leaves, 1/2 cup (roughly chopped)
- Dried Basil, 1/2 tsp
- Dried Oregano, 1/2 tsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Pepper, 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Powder, 1/4 tsp
- Vegan Cheese, 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Soy Milk, 1/2 cup (or any plant milk)
- Wholemeal Self Rising Flour, 1 1/2 cup
- In a large bowl, mix together the spices, herbs and the milk.
- Stir in the flour until combined.
- Cover the bowl and rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the ball of dough in between two sheets of parchment paper and roll the dough out into 1-inch thick slab.
- Cut out scones with your desired shape. Flour the cutter in between each cuts to make it less messier.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Serve warm in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Eden loves creating delicious and simple plant-based recipes. She loves to show how easy and fun vegan living can be and hopes to inspire more people to have some fun in the kitchen and eat more plants.