Loaded with fresh veggies, quinoa salad, baked falafel and vegan tzatziki, this vegan falafel bowl is healthy, satisfying, and (most importantly) fun to eat! Both vegan and gluten free, and will keep you feeling fuelled and energized throughout the day!
INGREDIENTS (Baked Falafel):
1 16oz can chickpeas (drained, rinsed and dried)
1/4 c packed fresh parsley
1/4 c packed fresh cilantro
1/3 c chopped red onion
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp oat flour (sub any flour)
1/2 c cooked quinoa
1/2 c finely chopped parsley
1/4 c corn
1/4 c diced red pepper
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
1 c coconut yogurt
1/4 c grated cucumber (after excess water is pressed out)
3 tbsp fresh dill (minced)
1.5 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves minced garlic
salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients except flour to a food processor and pulse until evenly mixed and small chunks remain. You want the mixture to stick together when pressed between fingers, but not be pureed otherwise will turn to hummus. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Stir in oat flour by hand.
- Scoop out 12 balls of dough with hands and place each on baking sheet. Lightly flatten/press down to form into falafel patties.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown on both sides, flipping falafels once half way.
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes to all flavours to sink in.
Top with baked falafel, quinoa salad, vegan tzatziki, fresh veggies, and any other toppings desired!
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and set in fridge until ready to eat. Assemble
- Assemble your bowl!
- Add a bed of mixed greens to the base of your bowl.
Arisha is a plant-based enthusiast and athlete from Vancouver, Canada with a passion for promoting a healthy yet balanced lifestyle.
Explore more @wakeupandkale / wakeupandkale.com