RECIPE BY ALEXANDRA PASKAOF@PLANTBASED.TRAVELER
Here’s a 5-Ingredient pasta dish for you: Spaghetti with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic and Spinach! It’s the perfect easy weeknight meal, and of course ideal for all pasta-lovers!
Makes 2 servings
- 2 servings of spaghetti
- (reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- A good drizzle of (garlic infused) olive oil
- A few handful of baby spinach
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Opt for bronze cut spaghetti if you can, it’s the best imo! Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Heat up olive oil in a heavy bottom pan with a lid or a Dutch oven.
- When the oil is hot, add cherry tomatoes, cover them with the lid, and ‘pan roast’ them for 5 minutes. The tomatoes should be lightly charred, burst, and have released some of their juices. Give them an additional couple of minutes if needed.
- Add garlic and spinach, and stir everything for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss with spaghetti and about 1/2 cup of pasta water (more to preference). Season to taste with salt.
- Top with some fresh basil, and enjoy!
Alex is a certified personal trainer and health coach from Germany, currently based in New Jersey, USA. A love for food and travel inspired her to share easy and delicious vegan recipes to encourage people from around the world to eat more plant-based food.