RECIPE BY ALEXANDRA PASKA OF@PLANTBASED.TRAVELER
Creamy, comforting, and so satisfying with that added crunch from Coconut "Bacon"!
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu (about 7 oz/200 g)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked and rinsed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt, garlic and onion powder each
- 1 to 1,5 cups of pasta water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of vegan cream cheese (optional but recommended for extra creaminess)
- 1 large lemon and some lemon zest.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and reserve about 2 cups of pasta water before draining.
- Blend all ingredients for the sauce until smooth. Use one cup of pasta water first and add more until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Add sauce to your hot pasta, and serve with greens, coconut bacon, and some fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Coconut bacon chips
- 1 cup of large unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp of coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- A few drops of liquid smoke (optional).
- Add coconut flakes to a bowl, stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Then spread them on a lined baking sheet, and bake at 350 F for 12-15 min until lightly browned. They will crisp up more as they cool. Enjoy!
Alex is a certified personal trainer and health coach from Germany, currently based in New Jersey, USA. A love for food and travel inspired her to share easy and delicious vegan recipes to
encourage people from around the world to eat more plant-based food.