RECIPE BY ALEXANDRA PASKA OF @PLANTBASED.TRAVELER
This Creamy Lemon Garlic ‘Summer’ Fusilli is easy, quick, and super yummy! t tastes great cold as a pasta salad too!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 500 g (1 lb) package fusilli, or pasta of choice
- 1 cup cashews, soaked and rinsed
- 5 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 large lemon plus 1-2 tsp lemon zest (to preference)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cups hot pasta water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow and 1 green zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Soak cashews with hot water for 20 minutes. If you have a high power blender, you can omit this step.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions in salted water, and reserve 2 cups of pasta water before draining.
- Peel garlic cloves, and slightly smash them down with a knife.
- Heat up olive oil, and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Remove garlic cloves and sauté corn and zucchini in the garlic oil until lightly charred.
- Add roasted garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and zest, and pasta water to a blender and blend until smooth. Start with 1 cup of pasta water, and use as much as needed or to preference.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix pasta with cashew sauce and zucchini zucchini corn mix, and top with some fresh parsley.
Alex is a certified personal trainer and health coach from Germany, currently based in New Jersey, USA. A love for food and travel inspired her to share easy and delicious vegan recipes to
encourage people from around the world to eat more plant-based food.