RECIPE BY SARA TERCERO @thebetterfoodguru
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1-pound penne,
- 1 15-oz can butter beans drained,
- 1 15-ounce can light unsweetened coconut milk,
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste, 5 cloves garlic minced,
- 1 head radicchio chopped,
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika,
- ½ teaspoon salt,
- 4 baby bell peppers,
- 2 cups baby spinach,
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil,
- black pepper and crushed red pepper to your tastes
- Cook pasta according to the package, drain and reserve
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil on medium, then add garlic and roast until slightly golden and fragrant about 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and radicchio and season with a pinch of salt and pepper if using and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Push to the side and add tomato paste to caramelise for 2-3 minutes then add the coconut milk, smoked paprika and butter beans and bring to a boil stirring often then lower to a simmer.
- Last add in the spinach to wilt, then the cooked pasta and stir well until all is coated and distributed. Taste for salt and adjust to your preferences. Top with crushed red and black pepper.