RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Who says salads are boring? We have recipe creators like Sara, who are very creative and innovative. This salad is full of different flavours and textures that you'll surely enjoy. Serve this as a side, but you can also serve this as your main meal, just be generous with the serving!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 block tofu, drained well and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 white sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sesame tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small clove garic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup water, to thin the mixture
- Roast the sweet potatoes with scant oil and salt on a sheet pan at 400 degrees for 20 minutes while cooking the rest of the dish
Meanwhile heat a deep saute pan with oil and fry the tofu for 10 minutes.
- Do not stir the tofu, let the cubes sear well, only stirring or flipping every 4 minutes or so.
- Add cauliflower, curry powder, cumin and coriander, salt and garlic powder, stir and cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes covered.
- Uncover, stir and add peas then cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and stir to combine. Taste for salt and adjust to your tastes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing by combining the ingredients in a blender. Add the liquid slowly since tahini brands differ in viscosity. You want the dressing to be pourable without being watery.
- Serve warm or chilled like I do.
Sara Tercero | @betterfoodguru www.betterfoodguru.com
Sara Tercero is the Chef behind the popular blog and Instagram BetterFoodGuru and the Author of 30 Days to a Plant-based Diet: A Cookbook and Meal Plan for Beginners. She shares easy, healthy, and tasty recipes inspired by global flavors that will make you want to eat your vegetables. Her specialties are vegan Indian inspired dishes, Rainbow Salads and Mediterranean and Mexican Inspired cuisines. It is Sara’s mission to prove that plants are delicious and help others cook and eat their way to health and happiness.