This is a perfect fiesta dish! It is an explosion of Mexican flavours and textures. The creamy guacamole meets the spicy beans which meets the crispy potatoes, yum!
Recipe found in the Mains Chapter of the Vegan Bowls Cookbook
- 500g yellow potatoes
- 400g crushed tomatoes
- 225g kidney beans (drained, low sodium)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/2 medium tomat
- 1/3 red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/5tsp cayenne
Serves - 2
- Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork
- Finely chop the tomato, coriander & onion
- In a bowl, combine the tomato, coriander, onion, avocado and the lime juice. Set aside.
Potatoes, Bean Chili & Serving:
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C degrees. Chop the potatoes into slices and place them on an oven tray covered in baking paper. Let bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Make the bean chili by putting the beans, crushed tomatoes, cumin, smoked paprika and cayenne in a pan. Let it simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes until it becomes thicker.
- Now it is time to create your bowls! Place the bean chili, potatoes and guacamole however you want in your Coconut Bowls and decorate with the coconut yoguyrt and some leftover coriander. Enjoy!