RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
This Quick Tofu and Greens Pasta by is the answer to your weeknight meals! It comes together fast, it's filling and always tastes amazing! Bonus: it’s kid friendly!
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 16 oz extra firm tofu frozen, thawed and drained of excess water then crumbled
- 2 cups collard greens shredded
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups water
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP olive oil extra virgin
- 1 black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 16 oz whole wheat rotini
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Cook pasta according to box directions, being careful not to overcook
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and cook for 3 minutes until sizzling and fragrant
- Add crumbled tofu, salt, onion powder and smoked paprika, stir once and do not move for 3-4 minutes to give the tofu some nice seared golden color. Add tomato paste then cook 3 more minutes stirring occasionally. Tomato paste should turn a darker color from the caramelization.
- Add water and corn and bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer to let the sauce thicken.
- Lastly add the collard greens and stir into the hot sauce to wilt, add the pasta, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes and black pepper and mix well. Taste for salt and adjust to your liking.
Sara is a Chef, a Mother of three, and a voracious eater of plants. She’s always been plant forward but since becoming vegan, helping others eat more plants has become her passion project. She share recipes to guide others on their journey to better health and happiness through food.