RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Enjoy a delicious, nutrient-packed meal that's high in fiber and antioxidants with this recipe! Farro is healthier than most grains. It's the perfect substitute for oats and rice.
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatos
- 4 baby bell peppers, chopped
- 10 calamatas, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 bunch basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cucumber, diced small
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- In a serving bowl, place all your salad ingredients, and toss lightly.
- In a small bowl, place all your dressing ingredients and mix well. Taste if well seasoned.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss until all ingredients are well-coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sara is a Chef, a Mother of three, and a voracious eater of plants. She’s always been plant forward but since becoming vegan, helping others eat more plants has become her passion project. She share recipes to guide others on their journey to better health and happiness through food.