RECIPE BY ALEXANDRA PASKA OF @PLANTBASED.TRAVELER
One of the easiest ways to enjoy a variety of vegetables? Turn them into a delicious Saucy Vegetable Stir-Fry! The sauce is a great balance of spicy, sweet, and tangy. Top everything with sesame seeds for a little extra crunch, and extra yum!
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2-3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp chili crisp
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup water
- 1 head of broccoli
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small onion (Or use a variety of vegetables of your choice)
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced scallion greens
- Rice for serving
- Add all ingredients for the sauce to a small jar with a lid, and shake well.
- Slice, chop and prepare all of your vegetables, and stir-fry them in a large wok or deep pan for a few minutes. Optional but recommended: Use some garlic, sesame or other cooking oil for this. Alternatively use splashes of water to avoid sticking. Start with the sliced onion and mushrooms to give them a little color, then add the remaining veggies.
- Add sauce, and bring everything to a boil. Simmer for a couple of minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Serve with sesame seeds, scallion, some rice, and enjoy!
- Tip: Add some tofu, tempeh, or soy curls for extra protein!
Alex is a certified personal trainer and health coach from Germany, currently based in New Jersey, USA. A love for food and travel inspired her to share easy and delicious vegan recipes to
encourage people from around the world to eat more plant-based food.