RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Creamy, tomatoey pasta flavoured with smokey eggplant will be your next favourite pasta recipe. Trust us - your family and friends will love this!
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 4 multicolor baby bell pepper, chopped
- 1 eggplant, small dice
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 pound farfalle
- Put on water to boil on the back burner for pasta to cook simultaneously with the sauce.
- In a large deep skillet, over medium heat, cook the garlic in the oil for 2-3 minutes then add the cauliflower and bell peppers.
- Cook the cauliflower for 3-5 minutes stirring only occasionally to get some color on them.
- Add the eggplant, salt and smoked paprika and cook stirring often for 5-7 minutes until the eggplant gets soft and browned.
- Add tomato paste, water and broccoli and bring to a boil then turn down to simmer until it thickens and smells delicious.
- Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce and top with copious black and crushed red peppers.
- Serve with oven roasted broccoli.
Sara Tercero | @betterfoodguru www.betterfoodguru.com
Sara Tercero is the Chef behind the popular blog and Instagram BetterFoodGuru and the Author of 30 Days to a Plant-based Diet: A Cookbook and Meal Plan for Beginners. She shares easy, healthy, and tasty recipes inspired by global flavors that will make you want to eat your vegetables. Her specialties are vegan Indian inspired dishes, Rainbow Salads and Mediterranean and Mexican Inspired cuisines. It is Sara’s mission to prove that plants are delicious and help others cook and eat their way to health and happiness.