Looking for a flavourful and smoky recipe for your buddha bowls? Look no further! Enjoy this plain with freshly steamed rice and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Delicious!
- Jackfruit, 250 g tin (drained)
- Red Onion, 1
- Garlic Clove, 1
- Oil, for frying
- Dried Chili Flakes, 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder, 1 tbsp
- Paprika Powder, 1 tbsp
- Pinch of sugar
- Water, 250 ml
- Tomato Puree, 2 tbsp
- Drain the jackfruit and set aside.
- Slice the onion and mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan, add onion and garlic, fry until translucent on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add all spices and tomato puree and fry on medium heat until aromatic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the jackfruit and stir. Fry for another minute and add the water.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Simmer with a lid on for 40 minutes or longer for even more flavour. (if it's starting to dry out, add more water)
- Let cool slightly and serve in your favourite coconut bowl with a salad, a wrap or with whatever makes your heart sing!
Anders is a Thai-Swedish self-taught photographer and creator of food with the vision to sprinkle colourful inspiration and beauty all around. He believes that anyone can cook and that wholesome and sustainable foods can change the world for the better.