RECIPE BY JULIA FROM @FLOURISHEDBYNATURE
This tahini and sesame seed crusted tofu is very easy to make and tastes good in buddha bowls, sushi rolls or even as a topping for toasts! If you want them to be extra crispy, you can leave them longer in the oven for about 2-5 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- 150 g tofu medium firm is best!
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce/ tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp chinese five spice powder
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, and line a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, combine tahini, lime juice, soy sauce and water until smooth. It should have a thin consistency, but not too runny.
- In a shallow plate, mix the sesame seeds and spices together. This will be your crust mixture.
- Cut the tofu into 5 cm thick slices. Dip each slice into the tahini mixture first before dipping into the crust mixture. Make sure all sides are coated. Place each tofu slice onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Flip each slice halfway through the baking process to ensure even browning.
Hey there! I’m Julia, a music student based in Austria with a passion for creating plant-based food that nourishes your body, tastes delicious and makes you feel happy too. If you’d like to join me on my health journey, you are welcome to visit my website and stop by at my Instagram account!