RECIPE BY SONJA & BASTIAN FROM BEAST FEAST
This velvety broccoli soup has just the right amount of spice and creaminess. It's a delectable winter warmer that nourishes the body too.
- Broccoli, 1 head
- Baharat Spice, 1 tbsp (plus more for garnishing)
- Coconut Milk, 3 tbsp
- Tahini, 1 tsp
- Plant-based Yogurt, 2 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, a handful (chopped, for garnishing)
- BAHARAT SPICE SUBSTITUTE
- Cumin, 1 tbsp
- Paprika, 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon, 1 tbsp
- Chop broccoli into smaller pieces and boil for 10-15 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- Strain and don't throw away the water. Process the broccoli in a food processor. Add the broccoli water until desired consistency is achieved. You can make the mixture as thick or as thin as you want. Discard leftover broccoli water.
- Pour the mixture back in the pot and bring to boil, add Baharat and if needed for creaminess add a bit of coconut milk. Stir it well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm with tahini, plant-based yogurt and chopped parsley.
Sonja & Basti, the couple behind BeastFeast, believe that real and good food - that delights your senses - is a ground stone for positive and healthy body and mind. They love to create simple and healthy recipes that bring joy and put a smile on everyone's faces. To know more about Sonja & Basti, find them through the links below: