Here's a veganized version of a favourite asian dish - Pad Thai! It's a really tasty dish filled with veggies and topped with beautiful toppings. It's a perfect meal to serve to your family.
- Rice Noodles, 250 g
- Carrots, 4-5 (medium sized)
- Spring Onion, 3-4 stalks
- Edamame , 50 g (unshelled)
- Sesame Oil, 1 tbsp
- Limes, 2 (juiced)
- Peanut Butter, 3 tbsp
- Soy Sauce, 6 tbsp (or tamari for GF option)
- Vegan Fish Sauce, 1 tbsp
- Maple Syrup, 2 tbsp
- Garlic Powder, 1 tsp (or one garlic clove)
- Fresh Ginger, 1-2 cm
- Prepare the sauce by whisking all the liquid ingredients together. Peel the ginger and garlic (if you use fresh) and grate them with a microplane zester into the sauce.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Cut the carrots and spring onions into fine julienne strips. Heat the sesame oil and sautée the veggies for 5-7 minutes. Set them aside and add the sauce into the same hot pan. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add the rice noodles and the veggies back into the pan. Mix until everything is covered with the sauce.
- Serve in your favourite Boho Coconut Bowl and sprinkle with spring onions and lots of chopped roasted peanuts on top. Add in some freshly chilies if you like heat. Enjoy!
Freistyle is a food, travel and lifestyle blog, where Verena shares her passion for healthy food and plant based recipes – but also pursuing my other passions like traveling with the family, styling and photography and living a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.