RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Warm salads are great for cold days or rainy nights - it's great as a comfort meal too. Filled with tons of vitamins and nutrients, this meal is a great way to add veggies into your diet.
- 8-10 brussels sprouts (halved)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- a pinch of turmeric
- juice of half a lemon
- sliced ripe avocado
- romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes/orange sugar bomb tomatoes
- baby sweet bell peppers
- red cabbage
- mandarin oranges
- fresh mint
- olive oil
- In a hot sauté pan, sear the brussels sprouts in 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 Israeli couscous to the pan and let it toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of water plus a few extra tbsp if you're not planning to cover the pan during cooking.
- Add the chickpeas, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and turmeric. Stir and boil until the water is absorbed. Drizzle with lemon juice and stir.
- In a serving plate, place the salad ingredients and toss with a little extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour your cooked couscous on top and add some sliced avocados.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Sara is a Chef, a Mother of three, and a voracious eater of plants. She’s always been plant forward but since becoming vegan, helping others eat more plants has become her passion project. She share recipes to guide others on their journey to better health and happiness through food.