RECIPE BY THESS FROM @PLANTBASEDBYTHESS
Here's a lovely warm salad that's great for meal prep or to share with family and friends. Be sure to add a generous amount of dollops of yogurt into the tray so every serving will have a bit of everything!
- Whole Oats, 1 cup (parboiled)
- Saffron, a tiny pinch
- Butternut Squash or Pumpkin, 1
- Kale, 100 g
- Chickpeas, 2 cans (drained, rinsed and dried)
- Olive oil, as needed
- Pomegranate, 1 (seeds only)
- Plant-based Yogurt, 1 cup
- Pumpkin Seeds, 50 g (toasted)
- Salt, to taste
- Cook the whole oats according to instructions on the packaging, add the saffron while cooking to impart aroma, colour and flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Slice the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Slice thinly, about 1/2 an inch each slice.Place them on a baking tray together with the chickpeas and drizzle some oil and salt. Toss to coat well.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until pumpkin is soft and chickpeas are lightly golden.
- Wash and tear the kale in smaller pieces, remove the tough stalk. Massage kale with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt until soft and silky. Add half to the tray and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Add cooked whole oats and the rest of the kale into the baking tray.
- Add dollops of yogurt, pomegranate seeds and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Thess is a cookbook author, photographer, runner and content creator from Gothenburg, Sweden. Through her Instagram, blog and adventures near and far she wants to show that veggies are cool, legumes sexy and that the possibilities when it comes to plant based cooking are endless!