RECIPE BY JULIA FROM @FLOURISHEDBYNATURE
Our community never ran out of soup ideas! This concoction is a mixture of beautiful green vegetables that are so filling and packed with nutrients. Serve this hot with toasted bread for a tasty and filling supper.
- 200g wild garlic
- 150g potatoes, peeled
- 300g zucchini
- 150g peas
- 50g roasted cashews (or hemp seeds)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- a large handful fresh parsley
- 1.5 liter vegetable broth (use 1 liter if you prefer your soup a little thicker)
- a pinch of nutmeg
- salt & pepper, to taste
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- coconut milk
- pumpkin seeds
- chopped mixed herbs
- pea sprouts
- toasted bread
- Start by sautéing the onions on medium heat until translucent and cooked through.
- Add the chopped potatoes, zucchini and cashews, and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Fill the pot with the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the peas, wild garlic, coconut milk and parsley before the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.
- Blend the soup using a hand blender or an immersion blender. Blend longer if you want the soup to be extra smooth or blend lightly if you want your soup to be chunky. You also can use a blender, but be sure to blend in batches and be extra careful not to burn yourself.
- Season with the apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg to taste.
- Serve hot with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Hey there! I’m Julia, a music student based in Austria with a passion for creating plant-based food that nourishes your body, tastes delicious and makes you feel happy too. If you’d like to join me on my health journey, you are welcome to visit my website and stop by at my Instagram account!