RECIPE BY HANNAH OF NUTRITIOUS DELIGHTS
These healthy brookies are half chocolate chip, half brownie cookie! Both sides are super chewy, thanks to almond flour, oat flour, and coconut sugar! This also makes it healthy, plant-based, and gluten free.
- Cashew Butter, 1/3 cup (cold)
- Coconut Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
- Oat Milk, 5 tbsp
- Avocado Oil, 2 tbsp
- Oat Flour, 1 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (sifted)
- Almond Flour, 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Vegan Chocolate Chips, 1/4 cup (plus more on top, optional)
- Cocoa Powder, 1/4 cup
- Oat Milk, 1-2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cashew butter and coconut sugar, using a paddle attachment. Keep mixing on medium high speed for about 2 minutes until fully combined. Add the oil, vanilla, and 5 tbsp oat milk and mix on medium low speed.
- Slowly add in the oat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and almond flour on low speed, then bring it up to medium high to make sure it forms a smooth dough.
- Split the dough in half, into two bowls. It should be about 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of batter each. Add the remaining 1-2 tbsp oat milk (depending on desired consistency) and cocoa powder to one and mix well to combine. Add the chocolate chips to both.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough of each batter and roll both into individual balls. Then push them together to form a single ball. Place on the prepared pan and flatten with your hand or a spatula to desired size (they hardly spread at all in the oven). Top with chocolate chips and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Hannah is a food blogger and recipe developer behind Nutritious Delights. You can find lots of healthy recipes - sweet or savoury - by Hannah through the links below.