These delicious chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream truffles are the perfect snack-sized “not so guilty” pleasure! They’re not only refreshing, but also have a rich, chocolatey crunch that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth! Not to mention, they are packed with healthy fats and loads of nutrients!
Recipe found in the Sweets Chapter of the Vegan Bowls Cookbook
Ingredients for cookie dough:
- 2 cups raw cashews (unsalted & unroasted)
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (or to your liking)
Ingredients for chocolate coating:
- ½ cup cacao butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
Serves - 8+
- Place 2 cups raw cashews and 1 cup of almond milk into your high-speed blender and blend until creamy.
- Add ¼ cup maple syrup, ¼ cup coconut oil and 1 tsp vanilla bean paste into the blender and blend again until mixed in well.
- Pour creamy mixture into a loaf tin (or anything you can easily scoop from), and add ½ cup chocolate chips (or however many you’d like). Fold into mixture.
- Place in freezer for 2-4 hours or until firm enough to scoop and roll into balls (this number depends on your freezer). I would suggest checking it after 2 hours and going from there.
- In the mean time, for the chocolate coating, melt cacao butter until you have ½ cup of melted cacao butter.
- Add ½ cup cocoa powder and 3 tbsp maple syrup to the cacao butter and stir well. Set aside and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- When the cookie dough is firm enough, scoop and roll into balls, and dip into the chocolate. The chocolate should harden right away if your cookie dough is cold enough! **
- Ready to eat! Store in freezer or fridge.
** If after rolling the cookie dough into balls, you feel they have warmed up (this can happen if you live in a hot or humid environment), put them back in the freezer for several minutes and then dip into the chocolate once they are firm and cold.