RECIPE BY @FLOURISHEDBYNATURE
These baked oats are inspired by the warming flavors of fall and taste like dessert for breakfast! They are vegan, and can be made gluten free.
- PUMPKIN SPICE OAT CAKE
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp date syrup (or any liquid sweetener)
- 1 heaped tsp pumpkin spice (or 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp all spice)
- 1 shot espresso + 1 tsp date syrup
- VANILLA CREAM LAYER
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup plant yoghurt
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese (or 1 tbsp cashew butter)
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- cacao powder, for dusting
- Place all your oat cake ingredients in a blender and blend until it turns into a smooth and lump-free batter.
- Place the mixture in a ramekin and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix all your vanilla cream layer ingredients until smooth and creamy. Place in the fridge to let it thicken and cool.
- Once the oats have finished baking, let it cool for 10 minutes. Use a wooden skewer and poke tiny holes into the oats.
- Pour espresso on top, making sure that all parts of the oat cake are covered. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to let it cool and to let the cake absorb the espresso completely.
- Transfer the oat cake into your favourite Coconut Bowls, and place all your vanilla cream layer on top. Flattening and smoothening the top as you go.
- Dust with cacao powder, serve, and enjoy!
Hey there! I’m Julia, a music student based in Austria with a passion for creating plant-based food that nourishes your body, tastes delicious and makes you feel happy too. If you’d like to join me on my health journey, you are welcome to visit my website and stop by at my Instagram account!