These superfood cookies are made with good for you ingredients, packed with superfoods, and are naturally gluten free, nut free and refined sugar free. Perfect for an easy grab and go breakfast, afternoon snack, or yummy after dinner dessert!
PREP TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 12 mins
SERVINGS: 14 cookies
● 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
● 3/4 cup oat flour (can be made by finely blending oats)
● 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
● 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
● 2 tbsp hemp seeds
● 1/4 cup raisins
● 1 tsp cinnamon
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1/4 tsp salt
● 1/3 cup maple syrup
● 1/3 cup seed butter or runny nut butter
● 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
● 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
● 1 flax egg (instructions below)
Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 1 tbsp flaxseed with 2 1/2 tbs water for flax egg. Set aside for 5 minutes to gel.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients and flax egg.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold together until you create a dough like consistency.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough into 14 balls and place on baking sheet. Press each cookie down with your hands to flatten into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
* You can substitute the almond butter for creamy peanut butter or sun butter for a nut free option.
* Feel free to add walnuts or other nuts if desired for a little extra crunch!
Arisha is a plant-based enthusiast and athlete from Vancouver, Canada with a passion for promoting a healthy yet balanced lifestyle.
Explore more @wakeupandkale / wakeupandkale.com