RECIPE BY HANNAH OF NUTRITIOUS DELIGHTS
These healthy oatmeal cookies are soft, chewy, and moist yet have no wheat flour, dairy, or added sugar! It’s also a great way to incorporate extra veggies in your diet—you can’t taste the zucchini at all! These cookies are plant-based, gluten free, added sugar free, and are perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
- Medjool Dates, 1 1/2 cups (pitted)
- Rolled Oats, 1 1/2 cups (gluten-free)
- Almond Flour, 1/2 cup (blanched)
- Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp
- Salt, 1/ tsp
- Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Nut Butter, 1/4 cup (you can also use seed butter)
- Ground Flax Seeds, 2 tbsp
- Avocado Oil, 4 tbsp
- Vegan Chocolate Chunks/Chips, 1/4 cup (plus more for topping)
- Zucchini, 2 cups (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the dates and nut butter until very smooth. Process in the avocado oil, baking powder, and salt, then the almond flour and flaxseed meal. Once everything is blended and smooth, fold in the oats and chocolate.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as you can from the zucchini, then fold it into the batter. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of batter and form into a cookie shape (they don’t spread much). Top with extra chocolate and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before trying to pick them up. Enjoy!
Hannah is a food blogger and recipe developer behind Nutritious Delights. You can find lots of healthy recipes - sweet or savoury - by Hannah through the links below.