Packed with layers of flavour, health-boosting nutrients, and the space to add your own culinary flare, our newest monthly ebook edition contains 30+ recipes highlighting our fave go-to selection of Sauce and Spices. Want a sneak peek of all the deliciousness this ebook holds? Scroll down to explore more!
1. Vegan Roasted Garlic Alfredo
Recipe by @plantbased.traveler
Enjoy this creamy and dreamy pasta sauce without all the calories! This sauce is vegan, rich in protein and healthy fats. Serve this with your favourite pasta or spiralized zucchini and carrots for a lovely weekend/midweek meal.
- 1/2 block of organic firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- cooked pasta (for serving)
- Roast garlic cloves in a tiny bit of olive oil over medium heat until lightly browned. Cook it longer on low heat for a stronger garlic flavour. Set aside.
- Place the roasted garlic in the blender along with all the other ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour sauce to the same pan and simmer until thick or until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve with cooked pasta or zuchini noodles and enjoy
* Makes enough sauce for 2 medium zucchini or 1/2 package of spaghetti
2. Peanut Sauce
Recipe by @hannah_chia
Peanut sauce, our favourite asian sauce that's amazing with summer rolls or drizzled on noddles and tofu!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- 1 Tbsp curry paste
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp sriracha
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients in and mix well. Add more or less water depending on the consistency that you want.
- A slightly thicker consistency will work well if serving it with summer rolls. You can thin it slightly with water if you want to use it as a dressing or sauce for your noodles.
3. Turmeric Orange Smoothies
Recipe by @anna.culina
Creamy and delicious, you won’t even know that it’s a health drink! Ginger and turmeric are the star spices in this recipe. These two combined improves brain function, reduces inflammation, aids digestions and relieves nausea.
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 80 g cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed, and drained
- 380 g orange, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 banana
- 8 g ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 400 ml water
* Adding black pepper allows your body to fully absorb all the nutritious benefits of turmeric! Don't worry, you won't even taste it.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass or cup and serve cold.
Ready for more festive treats? Head to veganbowls.com to download the Spices & Sauces Edition and see all 30+ amazing recipes! Happy Cooking!