RECIPE BY YASMIN FROM @VGNBITES_
Reaching for that bag of potato chips? Make some healthy and savoury snack at home to prevent you from unhealthy snacking. These chickpeas are crispy, crunchy and spicy, everything that you can ask for in a savoury snack!
- Nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- Chickpeas, 15 oz can, drained and rinsed
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
- Chili Powder, 1/4 tsp
- Garlic Powder, 1/4 tsp
- Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas. Spread them on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 4-45 minutes until golden and slightly dry. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the chickpeas in a medium bowl. Keep the oven on.
- Add olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Toss until the chickpeas are well coated with the seasoning.
- Return the chickpeas to the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowl and enjoy the crunchy chickpeas!
Yasmin Saadi | @vgnbites | vgnbites.com
Vgnbites_ is all about healthy, plant-based recipes that are easy to follow, tastes delicious and focuses on wholesome ingredients. Join Yasmin in her kitchen to make amazing smoothies and learn more about how to make healthy food choices.