Calling all the taco-lovers! 🌮 You'll need to try these Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos for a really satisfying meal.
For the Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato/yam (about 12oz or 350g), cut roughly into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
For the Tacos
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 1¼ cups refried beans
- ⅔ cup your favourite salsa
- ⅔ cup vegan cheese shreds (optional)
- ½ cup red cabbage sauerkraut (or just thinly sliced red cabbage if you don't have it)
- 1 cup sliced avocado or guacamole
- ½ cup sweetcorn kernels
- Small handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- lime wedges
- To make the roasted sweet potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400°F/205°C.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in the coconut oil and chili powder and spread across a large baking tray. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping once midway through. When cooked, removed from the oven and set aside.
- To assemble the tacos
- Prepare all filling ingredients as described above.
- Heat each corn tortilla as per package instructions (usually: heat in a hot skillet on the stove for approx. 15 seconds per side, then wrap in a towel to keep warm and flexible).
- Fill each tortilla with the sweet potato, refried beans, salsa, vegan cheese (if using), sauerkraut, avocado and sweetcorn. Sprinkle over the chopped cilantro.
- Serve the tacos nudged up close to each other on plates. Drizzle lime juice over them just before serving and enjoy!