RECIPE BY MOON LAI @foodpassionical
Yet another yummy traditional Chinese sweet treat that required only three ingredients! The cakes are soft and a little chewy after being pan fried and it’s best served with hot tea!
- 220g pumpkin purée
- 100g glutinous rice flour
- 35g sugar
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp oil, for frying
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until a soft dough has formed.
- Divide the dough in 9 equal pieces and roll them into balls.
- Use your palm to flatten the dough.
- Top with black sesame seeds.
- Fry each cake until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm.
Lai Po Cheng | @foodpassionical | Foodpassionical on YouTube
Fascinated by how versatile plant-based ingredients can be, Moon Lai, started experimenting via her instagram account @foodpassionical which quickly became a popular source for vegans searching for their next meal inspiration. She is a self taught food photographer and recipe developer that continues to expand her knowledge by researching and testing new dishes for her audience.