RECIPE BY THESS FROM @PLANTBASEDBYTHESS
Delicious chocolate bars with beautiful layers - these bars will make you wish for dessert time. Enjoy these plain or with a scoop or two of your favourite plant-based ice cream.
makes 16 squares
- CHOCOLATE BASE
- 100 g sunflower seeds, toasted
- 200 g rolled oats
- 100 g cacao powder
- 1 pinch flakey sea salt
- 16 pcs pitted dates
- 50 ml coconut oil
- SALTY PEANUT CARAMEL
- 10 pitted dates
- 100 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- flakey sea salt
- CHOCOLATE TOP LAYER
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- a pinch of flakey sea salt
- In a food processor, place all your chocolate base ingredients and pulse until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mix into a square baking pan lined with a parchment paper. Gently press until evenly distributed.
- Place all your peanut caramel ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Spread out over the chocolate base and set aside in the fridge until set.
- Melt chocolate using a microwave or over a water bath. Once melted, blend with coconut cream and a pinch of salt. Pour over the peanut caramel layer. Sprinkle with sea salt and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice into 16 squares. Enjoy!
Thess is a cookbook author, photographer, runner and content creator from Gothenburg, Sweden. Through her Instagram, blog and adventures near and far she wants to show that veggies are cool, legumes sexy and that the possibilities when it comes to plant based cooking are endless!