Don't let the name fool you! Our latest Raw Edition of the Vegan Bowls eBook is SO much more than just veggies on a plate!
To help inspire you to bring more plant-based goodness to your bowls, we're bringing you a tasty recipe sneak peek from each chapter in the Raw Edition eBook. Enjoy!
1. Asian-Inspired Coleslaw
Recipe by @livinlaveganlife
Found in our 'Fresh Salads'chapter of the Raw Edition, this Asian-inspired coleslaw is crunchy, colourful, light and refreshing. Using Asian inspired veg and a peanut dressing that's full of Unami flavour, this salad is made to brighten any barbecue and dinner party!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- t tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp sea sale
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
Salad Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup broccolini, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 4 green onions
- Add all chopped/grated salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss to cover, and chill in fridge until ready to serve!
2. Blueberry Rice Paper Rolls
Recipe by @plantyourstance
Adding fruit to rice paper rolls? Oh yes! For a fresh summery vibe, give this recipe a go! Also delicious with mangoes or peaches. Find this recipe and more in our 'Rolls & Wraps' chapter of the Raw Edition!
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- Rice Paper Rolls
- vermicelli noodles, soaked until soft
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- fresh mint, as needed
- blueberries, as needed
- sweet chilli
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Soak vermicelli in warm water until soft.
- wet rice paper in cold water
- place blueberries in first then fill with noodles, veggies, and herbs.
- roll rightly and serve with your favourite salad.
- Dip in Tamari sauce and enjoy!
3. Creamy Peanut Sauce
Recipe by @thedeliciousplate
At home in our 'Dips & Dressings'chapter of the Raw Edition, this Creamy Peanut Sauce has a slight hint of asian flavours, and is perfect for dipping your favourite rolls and wraps in, or drizzling over grilled veggies. Yum!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add water as needed to thin the sauce to your liking.
- Start dipping!
4. Pink Passion Smoothie Bowl
Recipe by @scarlett_morse
Nothing beats a bright pink smoothie bowl! This recipe is creamy, delicious, and the perfect edition to our 'Quick Bites' chapter of the Raw Edition.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mangos
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp pink pitaya powder
- blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until silky smooth.
- serve in your favourite Coconut Bowl and top with your choice of toppings
- we love fresh fruits!
5. Raw Lemon Slice
Recipe by @healthyluxe
Healthy has never tasted better with this creamy lemon slice. Loaded with nutrients and citrus flavour, this no-guilt recipe has found it's perfect home in our 'No-Bake Sweets & Treats' chapter of the Raw Edition.
Base Ingredients: (makes 8-10 slices)
- 2 cups desiccated coconuts
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 8 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
1 cup macadamias (soak 2-3 hours)
- 1/2 cup cashes (soak 2-3 hours)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Combine all base ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into a greased and lined baking tin
- Drain and rinse soaked nuts, combine with filling ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Spoon filling on top of base, place in freezer for 4-5 hours.
- Thaw before serving, and enjoy!
Ready for more tasty treats? Head to veganbowls.com to download the Raw Edition and see all 7 of our amazing monthly eBooks! Happy Cooking!