RECIPE BY GABRIEL & BIJAN FROM @LIVINLAVEGANLIFE
This salad is packed with the sweetness and smokiness from the squash and a bright acidity from the tahini dressing! They compliment each other very well and it's great to serve any time of the day.
- 3 cups butternut squash, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp liquid aminos
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 handfuls of baby arugula
- 1/2 cup dill, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven at 300°F.
- Add your butternut squash on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let the squash cool before adding to salad.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of your ingredients and mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix your salad dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Add the dressing and squash to the salad and toss until the the ingredients are coated with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Based out of Buffalo, NY, Livin’ La Vegan Life is about enjoying delicious and tasty food from around the globe. With Gabriel’s latin heritage and Bijan’s middle-eastern and Spanish culture, we are eager to prove that being vegan is fun, inexpensive and cruelty-free.