RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Looking for a delicious meal that's great to meal prep as well? Double or triple this recipe for a delicious lunch everyday for 2-3 people! Each serving is filling and high in fiber. It's a great meal to keep you feeling full throughout the day.
- half a bunch of kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 stalk of leeks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- black pepper, to taste
- chili flakes, to taste
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium heat and add the cauliflower. Cook for 5 minutes only while stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and leeks, and cook until fragrant for 2-3 minutes. Add bell peppers, and season the veggie mixture with salt, onion powder and smoked paprika. Stir well, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beans, couscous and water. Stir and cover. Bring to a boil, and let it simmer until most of the water is absorbed.
- Lastly, add in the kale to wilt by gently folding into the couscous and veggie mixture.
- Serve hot and garnish with black pepper and chili flakes.
Sara is a Chef, a Mother of three, and a voracious eater of plants. She’s always been plant forward but since becoming vegan, helping others eat more plants has become her passion project. She share recipes to guide others on their journey to better health and happiness through food.