RECIPE BY DR. RICHA FROM @DELICIOUSLY.EARTHY
This tart is a super easy no-bake, no-roll gluten-free ,and super high in antioxidants thanks to the deliciousness that is matcha! The filling is so naturally creamy from the coconut milk but with a zingy lime twist!
INGREDIENTS FOR BASE:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- Whizz the base ingredients up in your blender until its fine and crumbly
- Press the mixture into a 24 cm tart casing so it's compacted.
- Set in the freezer while you make your filling
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
- 2.5 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 1/5 tsp agar
- 3 tsp matcha powder
- Mix together all the ingredients, apart from the coconut milk so powders are dissolved + heat on low-med heat in your pan
- As the mixture starts to boil + thicken up, add in the coconut milk + stir until combined
- Let the mixture thicken up on low heat whilst stirring, for approx 3 mins
- Leave the mixture to cool to room temperature (transfer to a fresh big bowl, it will be quicker!) before pouring it into over the base
- Leave your tart to set in the fridge, it will take at least 40 mins.
- Top and decorate, and cut yourself a slice...or two!